Potato salad is a classic, but it’s in need of a kick. That’s where mustard potato salad comes in.
Recipe by Anna Montali
Photograph by Rolene Prinsloo
Assisted by Nomvuselelo Mncube
Mustard potato salad
- 1kg new potatoes, washed
- 250ml (1 cup) good-quality mayonnaise
- 45ml (3 tbsp) whole grain Dijon mayonnaise
- 5 spring onions, finely chopped
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh chives, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 60ml (¼ cup) extra virgin olive oil
Boil the potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
Place in a dry pot and toss to dry the potatoes a little for about 5 minutes.
Put the potatoes into a mixing bowl and toss through the rest of the ingredients and serve.