Tiramisu is a classic, but why not shake things up with no-bake mocha ricotta tiramisu? This layered delight is full of rich flavour and seductive creaminess.
No-bake mocha ricotta tiramisu
- 12 finger biscuits, each broken into three pieces
- 125ml (½ cup) boiling good-quality espresso coffee
- 30ml (2 tbsp) coffee liqueur
- 15ml (1 tbsp) castor sugar
- 250g ricotta
- 250g Greek yoghurt
- 60ml (¼ cup) icing sugar, sifted
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vanilla extract
- 45ml (3 tbsp) good-quality dark chocolate, grated
Divide the biscuits evenly among 4 x 250ml (1 cup) capacity serving glasses.
Place the coffee in a measuring jug and add the liqueur and castor sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
Pour the coffee mixture over the biscuits and leave to soak for a few minutes.
Beat the ricotta together with the yoghurt, icing sugar and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Spoon this mixture over the biscuits.
Sprinkle with the chocolate and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.