TO DRINK: Avontuur Vintner’s Blend 2011 Chardonnay/Pinot Noir – a gorgeous fruity summer wine.
- 320g chicken breasts, cooked
- 5 dried apricots, finely chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh chives, finely chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) spring onion, thinly sliced
- 3 piquanté peppers, finely chopped
- 180g plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- pinch of ground paprika
- pinch of dried chilli flakes, optional
- 2 cucumbers
- sprouts, to garnish
- grilled bread, to serve
Shred the chicken into bite-size pieces. Combine with the chopped apricot, chives, spring onion andpiquanté peppers. Gently fold in the cream cheese.
Season and add the paprika and chilli flakes if using.
Use a vegetable peeler and peel 12 long ribbons from the cucumber. Slightly overlap 6 ribbons on a clean surface to form a “sheet”. Place half the filling on one side of the sheet and roll up tightly to form a cylinder. Repeat with the leftover filling.
Gently cut the terrine into rounds, top with sprouts and serve over the bread.