One-pot summer pasta
- 125g vine tomatoes
- 30ml (2 tbsp) PnP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 15ml (1 tbsp) PnP Crushed Garlic
- 1 PnP Chicken Flavoured Stock Cube
- 750ml (3 cups) warm water
- 250g PnP Cherry Tomatoes
- handful fresh PnP Basil
- 350g PnP Penne Rigate Pasta
- 125ml (½ cup) PnP Basil Pesto
- 100g soft mozzarella, torn into pieces
Heat the oven to 200°C.
Place the tomatoes on the vine on a roasting tray, drizzle with a little of the olive oil and season with salt and ground black pepper. Roast in the oven until blistered, 15 minutes.
Heat the remaining olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and fry the garlic until softened. Add the warm water and stock and stir until dissolved. Mix in the cherry tomatoes, basil and pasta. Season to taste and cook until the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir through the pesto and mozzarella. Top with the roasted vine tomatoes to serve.