Orange and honey roasted carrots
- 5ml (1 tsp) coriander seeds
- 5ml (1 tsp) cumin seeds
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) fennel seeds
- 600g carrots
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive/avocado oil
- juice of 1 orange
- 30ml (2 tbsp) clear honey, plus extra to serve
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 sprigs lemon or orange thyme, plus extra to serve
- zest of 1 orange, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Grind the coriander, cumin and fennel seeds in a pestle and mortar. Toss the carrots in the oil, orange juice and honey. Arrange in a baking dish and season.
Scatter the thyme and ground spices over the carrots and roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
Serve drizzled with the extra honey and sprinkled with the orange zest and extra thyme.