Orange and coconut ceviche
- 800g sustainable firm white fish, diced (1cm x 1cm)
- 200g calamari rings, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 5ml (1 tsp) chillies, finely chopped
- juice of 3 limes
- juice of 3 oranges
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 30g (½ cup) coconut shavings, toasted
- 1 avocado, diced
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh coriander leaves
- toasted pitas, to serve
Combine all of the ingredients in a serving dish. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
When the citrus juice has ‘cooked’ the fish – the fish will become firmer and opaque in colour – season and serve the ceviche with toasted pitas on the side.
The sustainable firm white fish can be replaced with salmon and the calamari with baby prawns.