The perfect winter indulgence – organic butternut and Mozambican cashew curry. We cannot get enough of the flavour combinations and smells of this heartwarming dish!
Organic butternut and Mozambican cashew curry
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- oil, for frying
- 1½ tbsp crushed garlic
- 15ml (1 tbsp) cumin powder
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) cinnamon powder
- 15ml (1 tbsp) turmeric
- 3cm organic ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1,3kg organic butternut, cubed
- 1 block smoked tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 250g roasted giant cashew nuts
- a handful of fresh coriander
Fry the onion in a little oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add the garlic and spices and stir for 1 minute to release all the flavours.
Add the butternut, tofu, coconut milk and vegetable stock. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally until the butternut is soft, about 30 minutes.
Top with cashew nuts and fresh chopped coriander.