Recipe by Taryne Jakobi
“For the low-carb dad who wants to enjoy a sweet treat on Father’s Day without the sugar high.
Paleo-style almond butter cups
- 250g smooth almond butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp) coconut oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) honey
- 100g good-quality 70% dark chocolate, chopped
Place the almond butter, oil and honey in a glass bowl and microwave until
melted, about 30 seconds. Divide the mixture equally among mini-muffin wells
or silicone moulds.
2. Place the chocolate in a glass bowl and microwave until melted, about 30
seconds. Pour the melted chocolate on top of the butter, oil and honey
layers and place the muffin tin or silicone moulds in the freezer, about 2 hours.
3. Remove from freezer and carefully scrape a knife around the edges. The
almond butter cups will pop out fairly easily. Handle with care.