Pan-fried sesamecrusted feta with honey, caperberries and basil
- 100g cake flour
- 5ml (1 tsp) smoked paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 600g Greek feta
- 1 egg, beaten with a pinch of salt
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50ml olive oil
- honey, to drizzle
- small handful caperberries, to garnish
- small handful micro basil leaves, to garnish
In a small bowl, combine the flour and smoked paprika and season well. Dip each piece of feta into the flour mixture, then into the egg mixture and then into the sesame seeds.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Pan-fry each piece of feta until the sesame seeds are golden, about 2 minutes on each side.
Serve the feta warm with a drizzle of honey, topped with caperberries and garnished with micro basil leaves.