Parma ham-wrapped hubbard squash chips with paprika dip will become your new guilty pleasure! Crispy and full of flavour, they’re great as a snack but will be perfect as a side to roast chicken, grilled fish or chargrilled steak.
Parma ham-wrapped hubbard squash chips with paprika dip
- 600g hubbard squash, peeled and cut into batons
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100g Parma ham
- olive oil, to drizzle
- 180g double-cream Greek yoghurt
- 80ml (1/3 cup) mayonnaise
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sweet chilli sauce
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) smoked paprika
- 5ml (1 tsp) red wine vinegar
- microherbs, to serve
For the chips, preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper and lightly coat with cooking spray.
Season the squash batons with salt and pepper. Cut thin strips of Parma ham and wrap a small piece around each chip. Place the chips on the baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and bake, 20 minutes. Depending on their thickness, the chips might need a little extra cooking time. Allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving.
For the dip, stir everything together.
Serve the chips sprinkled with microherbs, with a side of paprika dip.