Parmesan crusted fried artichokes might be deep-fried in golden glory, but they’re still a vegetable. That means they’re definitely healthy. If you tell yourself that, you can have as many of these crunchy and delicious appetisers as you’d like.
Parmesan crusted fried artichokes
- 4 fresh or tinned artichokes
- 1 lemon, halved
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 30ml (2 tbsp) cake flour
- 50g Parmesan, freshly grated
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive/avocado oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100g hard ricotta, grated
Boil the artichokes with the lemon, about 10 minutes. Drain well.
Trim the outer leaves of the artichoke and slice. Place into a large mixing bowl and add the eggs, breadcrumbs, flour and Parmesan. Mix well to combine. Heat the oil in a frying pan and drop the artichoke mixture into the pan. Cook until golden. Drain and season.
Sprinkle with the ricotta and serve.