Pea, mint and feta fritters are deliciously crispy vegetarian appetisers. Golden and crunchy, fritters are almost universally loved. Pea and mint are wonderfully refreshing flavours, and the salty feta is a welcome creaminess.
Pea, mint and feta fritters
- 100g cake flour
- 5ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 150ml milk
- 125ml (½ cup) frozen peas
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh herbs (chives, dill, mint), chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) dried chilli flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil, for frying
- fresh mint, to serve
- feta, crumbled, to serve
- fresh red chilli, sliced, to serve
Combine the flour, baking powder, egg and milk in a large bowl to form a batter.
Stir in the peas, feta, herbs, spring onions, chilli flakes and seasoning.
Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Drop spoonfuls of batter into the pan and cook until golden and cooked through, about 2 – 3 minutes on each side.
Remove from the pan and drain on paper towel. Serve with extra mint, feta and fresh chilli.