Recipe by Angela Ridge
Peaches with a ginger and cardamom sweet rub
- 30ml (2 tbsp) cinnamon
- 30ml (2 tbsp) ground cardamom
- 30ml (2 tbsp) ground ginger
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground nutmeg
- 30ml (2 tbsp) hazelnut oil
- 30g (2 tbsp) unsalted butter, melted
- 30ml (2 tbsp) brown sugar
- 8 firm peaches
- sea salt, to taste
- ice cream, to serve
Preheat the grill.
Mix together the cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, oil, melted butter and brown sugar.
Wash the peaches, cut them in half and remove the stones.
Rub the peaches generously with the spice mixture and grill until tender, about 3 – 4 minutes on each side.
Sprinkle with sea salt just before serving. Serve warm over ice cream.