Peanut and vegetable parcels
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive or avocado oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- corn kernels from 1 mealie
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 4 baby marrows, diced
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground coriander
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) turmeric
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) ground cardamom
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Maldon Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100g unsalted peanuts + extra, to serve
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 100g butter, melted
- ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
- 2 roasted red peppers + extra, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- julienned spring onions, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and fry until golden. Add the corn, carrots and baby marrows, and fry for 2 minutes.
Add the spices and season well. Fry for a further 5 minutes.
Add the peanuts and set aside to cool.
When the mixture has cooled, cut the filo pastry sheets into 4 squares, brush with melted butter and add 10ml (2 tsp) of mixture to each square.
Gather the pastry edges together and gently twist to enclose the filling. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper, brush with remaining butter and bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 10 minutes.
For the red pepper sauce, place the peppers in a blender and blitz to form a smooth paste.
Serve the peanut and vegetable parcels with the sauce, lime wedges, spring onions, extra peanuts and roasted peppers on the side.