Peppered calamari with sweet chilli sauce pairs well with Constantia Glen Three 2008, with flavours from chocolate to spicy herbs to complement every facet.
Peppered calamari with sweet chilli sauce
- 1kg Falklands calamari tubes
- 20ml (4 tsp) olive/avocado oil
- 10ml (2 tsp) ground white pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- 10ml (2 tsp) cayenne pepper
- 5ml (1 tsp) dried chilli flakes
- 5ml (1 tsp) garlic powder
- juice of 1 lime
- 5ml (1 tsp) fish sauce
- fresh coriander, chopped, to serve
- cooked chips or potato wedges, to serve
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve
Wash the calamari and dry very well. Place in a mixing bowl, drizzle with the oil and toss to coat well.
Mix the dry spices together in a small bowl and sprinkle over the oiled calamari. Toss to coat well and leave to marinate for about 20 minutes.
Lightly brush a frying pan with oil and fry the calamari until lightly golden, about 2 minutes on each side.
Transfer the calamari to a serving plate and drizzle with the lime juice and fish sauce. Garnish with the coriander and serve with hot chips and sweet chilli sauce.