Pickled cucumber and runner beans
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 100g runner beans, very thinly sliced
- 45ml (3 tbsp) white wine vinegar
- 45ml (3 tbsp) castor sugar
- 1 small red onion, very finely diced
- a pinch of salt and white pepper
- 15ml (1 tbsp) chives, thinly sliced
Peel ribbons of cucumber using a peeler.
Blanch the runner beans in boiling water for 30 seconds, drain and rinse under cold water. Mix with the cucumber.
For the pickle, mix the vinegar and sugar together until the sugar dissolves. Add the onion, salt and pepper. Mix at the last minute with the