- juice of 1 large pink grapefruit
- 250ml green melon, cubed
- 30ml castor sugar
- 100ml melon vodka, frozen
- 2 grapefruit or melon segments, to garnish
In a liquidiser or with a hand-held blender, combine the grapefruit juice, melon flesh and sugar, and pulse quickly to combine.
Stir in the melon vodka and divide between 2 glasses. Garnish with segments of pink grapefruit and serve.
A variation on the classic Greyhound that uses vodka and grapefruit juice.
• This drink easily lends itself to multiplication. To serve 5, you’ll need the juice of 3 fresh grapefruit (about 375ml), 600ml liquidised melon, 75ml castor sugar and 300ml melon vodka. Combine as with the recipe above and serve from a jug.
• If you can’t find melon vodka, try lemon vodka.
• If melons are out of season use melon juice.