To drink: Cederberg Bukettraube 2008, a light, off-dry wine which pairs well with the prawn, tarragon and peas, with balanced acidity to cut through the green curry paste.
Prawn, pea and green curry tagliatelle
- 45ml (3 tbsp) butter
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 200g prawns, cleaned
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100g peas
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250ml (1 cup) fresh cream
- 45ml (3 tbsp) green curry paste
- 300g tagliatelle
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh chives, to serve
Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan and fry the prawns until cooked, about 10 minutes.
Add the garlic and peas and cook until the peas are heated through. Season well. Stir in the cream and curry paste.
Cook the pasta in plenty of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain.
Place the pasta in a serving dish and toss through the sauce. Top with the chives and serve.