Prickly pear, smoked chicken and radish salad with baby spinach and pesto croutons
- 8 thin slices of baguette
- 30ml (2 tbsp) basil or rocket pesto
- 10ml (2 tsp) olive oil
- 750ml (3 cups) baby spinach
- 2 prickly pears, quartered or sliced
- 1 smoked chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 10 pecorino shavings
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Arrange the baguette slices on a baking tray. Thin the pesto out with oil and brush onto the baguette slices. Bake until crisp and golden, about 10 – 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
Scatter the baby spinach onto each plate and top with the prickly pears, chicken, radishes and pecorino. Add baguette slices on the side.
Drizzle the rest of the pesto over, if desired.