Thin and crisp means much less guilt but these are still packed with flavour.
Quick artichoke flatbreads
- 4 x wholegrain tortilla wraps
- 60ml (¼ cup) tomato paste
- 100g (1 cup) grated mozzarella
- 8 portabellini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 small jar artichokes, drained and sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive or avocado oil + extra, to serve
- fresh rocket, to serve
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped, to serve
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced, to serve
- grated Parmesan, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
Place tortillas on the trays and spread 15ml (1 tbsp) tomato paste on each. Scatter with mozzarella, add the mushrooms, chilli and sliced artichokes. Season well and drizzle with olive or avocado oil.
Bake until crisp, about 10 – 12 minutes.
To serve, top with fresh rocket, red and spring onions, drizzle with oil and scatter with Parmesan.
I love adding roasted veggies to these flatbreads and, even without the cheese, these breads are great served alongside grilled fish and a big, fresh salad.