Granted, they’re not as well-known as the classic orange ones, but rainbow carrots are definitely worth incorporating into your cooking! From yellow to purple to reddish-pink, the health benefits of carrots are as varied as their colours. This rainbow carrot and almond nougat salad is a delightful healthy dish that’s as beautiful as it is tasty.
Recipe by Jacques Erasmus
Rainbow carrot and almond nougat salad
- 750g rainbow carrots, washed
- 25ml olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 125g good quality almond nougat
- 50g fenugreek or rocket microgreens, to serve
- 75ml fresh grapefruit juice
- 25ml maple syrup
- 50ml olive oil
- 5ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Toss the carrots with the olive oil, salt and pepper, and roast in the oven until tender, about 20 minutes.
Prepare the dressing by whisking together the grapefruit juice, maple syrup, olive oil and Dijon mustard.
Dress the warm carrots with the dressing and crumble the nougat over the salad. Top with microgreens and serve immediately.