Roasted baby carrots and fennel bulb with avocado seeds and tahini yoghurt
- ROASTED VEGETABLES
- 400g baby rainbow carrots, scrubbed and some halved lengthways
- 2 fennel bulbs, leaves removed and cut into 1cm wedges
- olive oil, to drizzle
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- TAHINI YOGHURT
- 175g full-cream yoghurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 60ml (¼ cup) tahini paste
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 handfuls seeds (any combination of sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds), toasted
- lemon wedges, to serve
- fennel leaves, to garnish
- beetroot leaves, to garnish (optional)
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the carrots and fennel wedges in a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and season to taste. Roast in the preparedoven until tender, 30 – 40 minutes.
For the tahini yoghurt, combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
To assemble the salad, arrange the roasted vegetables on platters topped with avocado slices, a sprinkle of seeds, lemon wedges for squeezing and fennel and beetroot leaves to garnish. Serve with the tahini yoghurt.