Roasted baby marrow and asparagus risoni salad
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil + 45ml (3 tbsp) extra
- 8 baby marrows, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) dried chilli flakes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 300g risoni
- 10 fresh green asparagus, blanched
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- Parmesan, grated, to serve
- fresh rocket, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Combine 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil, baby marrows, garlic cloves and chilli flakes on a large baking tray. Season well. Bake until soft, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the risoni according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
Chop the asparagus, keeping the tips whole.
Combine the risoni, baby marrows, asparagus, lemon juice and remaining olive oil in a large bowl. Season well.
To serve, spoon the risoni into serving bowls and scatter with grated Parmesan and fresh rocket.
This salad keeps really well for up to two days. Add a handful of baby spinach to the mix for even more veggie greenness.