This fresh salad makes a great side dish, or serve it on its own as a light lunch.
To drink: Solms Delta Lekkerwijn’s rich, berry-driven character makes this rosé more food friendly than most.
Roasted pepper and nectarine salad with raspberry dressing
- 2 red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- olive oil, to drizzle
- 200g raspberries, plus extra to garnish
- 125ml (½ cup) raspberry or red wine vinegar
- 60ml (¼ cup) walnut or olive oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) wholegrain mustard
- 4 nectarines, quartered (see Cook’s Tip below)
- 100g goat’s milk cheese
- a handful of fresh rocket
- a handful of baby spinach
- crushed pink peppercorns, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Place the peppers in an ovenproof dish, drizzle with olive oil and roast until they have blackened and softened.
Place the peppers in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave to sweat and cool. Peel the peppers, discard the seeds and cut them into thin strips.
For the dressing, combine all the ingredients and set aside.
Pile the peppers, nectarines, cheese, rocket and spinach onto a platter, drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with the pink peppercorns.
To stop the nectarines from browning, cut them just before serving