We love this recipe! It is the perfect accompaniment to roast chicken and mash on a cold night.
Roasted winter squash with pumpkin seeds and thyme
- 1kg mixed squash, peeled, seeded
- and diced (we used butternut, hubbard and pumpkin)
- 100g raw pumpkin seeds
- 50ml olive oil
- Maldon salt and freshly ground
- black pepper, to taste
- 60g fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 500g mixed baby gem squash and
- yellow patty pans
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Place the squash, seeds and olive oil in a roasting pan, and season.
Add the thyme and roast, tossing once, for about 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven, toss again and add the baby gem squash and patty pans.
Roast until soft and golden, about 15 minutes.
Serve immediately or reheat when ready.