This is the perfect drink to celebrate spring!
Recipe and styling by Jacques Erasmus
Photograph by Myburgh du Plessis
Rose, pink pepper and Champagne slush
- 50 ice cubes
- 450ml Champagne or sparkling wine, chilled
- 200ml rose syrup (available from speciality stores) + extra, if needed
- 5ml (1 tsp) pink peppercorns + extra, to garnish
- pinch salt
- 15ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 2 garden roses (organic and unsprayed), petals removed
Place all the ingredients in a liquidiser and blend until smooth. Add more rose syrup to adjust the sweetness.
Spoon into glasses and serve immediately, garnished with pink peppercorns.