Rosemary, garlic and lime butter mushrooms are deliciously zesty appetisers. The citrus flavours work so well with the earthiness of the mushrooms, making this a wonderful flavour experience. An ideal dish for entertaining.
Rosemary, garlic and lime butter mushrooms
- 8 large brown mushrooms
- 8 portabellini mushrooms
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 whole garlic cloves, skins on
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) dried red chilli flakes
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 100g unsalted butter
- juice of 2 limes (reserve the squeezed limes)
- freshly grated Parmesan, to serve
Preheat the oven to 220°C.
Place the mushrooms, chopped and whole garlic, chilli, rosemary, seasoning, olive oil, butter, lime juice and squeezed lime halves on a large baking tray.
Roast on high heat until the mushrooms have cooked, the butter is foaming and the garlic cloves are soft, about 15 – 20 minutes.
Serve warm with plenty of grated Parmesan.