Recipe by Thulisa Martins
Salmon and cream cheese blinis
- 10g yeast
- 300g SPAR Cake Wheat Flour
- 200ml SPAR Full Cream Milk, warmed
- 2 SPAR Free Range Egg yolks
- 150ml SPAR Full Cream Milk, warmed
- 2 SPAR Free Range Egg whites, whisked until ribbon stage
- 30ml (2 tbsp) SPAR Olive Oil
- 150ml SPAR Cream Cheese
- 100g SPAR Norwegian Smoked Salmon
- 50g SPAR Capers
- handful fresh dill
For the blinis, mix together the yeast, flour and 200ml milk and set aside in a warm place, 1 hour.
Add the remaining ingredients and let the mixture rest for a further 30 minutes.
Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat and fry tablespoonfuls of the mixture, 3 minutes on each side. Set aside to cool.
Serve the blinis topped with the cream cheese, salmon, capers and dill.
Make sure the blinis are not too big when frying, otherwise they will not cook properly. To make a salmon rose, take a strip of salmon, roll it around your finger and bend the top to resemble a rose shape.