TO DRINK: Villiera Cellar Door Chenin Blanc 2008, rich and creamy with a lovely dry finish.
Salmon, caper and dill phyllo tarts
- 400g salmon fillets, steamed and flaked
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 45ml (3 tbsp) capers, finely chopped
- 20ml (4 tsp) fresh dill, finely chopped
- 50ml olive oil
- rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 sheets of phyllo pastry, each cut into 12 small squares
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter, melted
- 200ml crème fraîche
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
In a large bowl, combine the salmon, salt, pepper, capers, dill, oil, rind and juice and mix well.
Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tin with butter and line each opening with a phyllo square. Brush the top of this with butter and repeat twice so that you have 3 layers of pastry.
Gently spoon in the salmon mixture and bake until the pastry is golden about 5 minutes.
Serve the tarts with crème fraîche.