Sautéed lettuce with peas
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cos or 1 large iceberg lettuce, roughly chopped
- 60ml (¼ cup) vegetable stock
- 125ml (½ cup) frozen peas
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and gently fry for 3 minutes or until golden.
Add the lettuce to the onion mixture and sauté for 1 minute. Increase the heat and add the vegetable stock and peas.
Sauté for a further 30 seconds and season well. Arrange in bowls and serve.