TO DRINK: Spice Route Viognier 2007 has beautiful balance and weight that pairs well with both pops.
Savoury pops on sticks
- CAPRESE AND SPRINGBOK CARPACCIO POPS
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive tapenade
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 60g (6 slices) springbok carpaccio
- 6 bocconcini balls
- PRAWN AND PINEAPPLE POPS
- 15ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 6 shelled prawns
- 60ml (¼ cup) sweet chilli sauce
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) fresh ginger, grated
- 10ml (2 tsp) fresh dill, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 fresh pineapple squares
To make the Caprese pops, scoop the seeds out of the tomato halves and fill with the tapenade. Thread a filled tomato, a basil leaf, a slice of carpaccio and a bocconcini ball onto each skewer, ending with another filled tomato.
To make the prawn pops, heat the butter in a pan and fry the prawns until cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add the chilli, garlic, ginger and dill and season. To assemble, thread prawns and pineapple on skewers.