A nice twist on scones, these savoury roasted tomato and feta fingers are a fab alternative to breads or rolls.
Savoury roasted tomato and feta fingers
- 220g self-raising flour
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) baking powder
- 1,25ml (¼ tsp) cayenne pepper
- 1,25ml (¼ tsp) mustard powder
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive or avocado oil
- 100g feta, cubed
- 400g roasted tomatoes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg
- 30ml (2 tbsp) milk, for brushing
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh rosemary leaves
- Maldon Sea Salt
Preheat the oven to 220°C.
Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the cayenne pepper and mustard powder.
Using a knife, work in the oil until the mixture resembles crumbs. Add cubed feta, roasted tomatoes and seasoning.
Beat the egg with the milk in a separate bowl and add half of this mixture to the other ingredients. Bring the mixture together to form a dough, adding more of the egg and milk as required (the dough should be soft but not sticky).
Take golf ball-sized pieces of dough and roll into cigar shapes. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush the scones with milk and scatter with rosemary leaves and salt.
Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.