Seaweed salad with mushrooms and seared salmon
- 20g wakame seaweed (available at most Asian supermarkets)
- 200g salmon
- dash sunflower oil, to sear
- 10 baby spinach leaves
- 50g shiitake mushrooms, some
- sliced and others left whole
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- A drop wasabi
- 30ml (2 tbsp) rice vinegar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) light soya sauce
- 5ml (1 tsp) sunflower oil
Soak the seaweed in a little warm water, 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out any excess water. If the wakame is uncut, chop it into bite-size pieces.
For the sauce, mix all of the ingredients together and set aside.
Sear the salmon in a frying pan over high heat in a dash of sunflower oil, 30 seconds on each side. Remove from pan and slice thinly.
To plate, arrange the spinach leaves, mushrooms, seaweed pieces and salmon in a bowl. Top with the spring onion and serve with a side of sauce.