These light, crunchy veggies are delicious. The pea shoots remind me of clovers – a fun nod to St Patrick’s Day festivities.
Shamrock greens with purple cabbage and pecan salad
- 140g mange tout
- 200g thin asparagus spears
- 100g extra-fine green beans
- 2 handfuls frozen peas, defrosted
- ½ red cabbage, finely sliced
- 50g pecan nuts, toasted androughly chopped
- handful pea shoots
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 45ml (3 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- juice of ½ lemon
- 5ml (1 tsp) wholegrain mustard
- pinch sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
minutes. Refresh in ice-cold water.
Place the greens on a platter and sprinkle with the peas. Arrange the red cabbage next to the greens and sprinkle with pecan nuts and pea shoots.
For the dressing, whisk all of the ingredients together and drizzle over the salad just before serving.
Recipe and styling by Claire Ferrandi Photograph by Graeme Wyllie