TO DRINK: The fragrant peachy flavour of an off-dry Viognier is a classic match with smoky flavours
Smoked chicken and pawpaw salad with pistachio pesto
- 250ml (1 cup) fresh coriander
- 250ml (1 cup) shelled pistachio nuts, dry roasted
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves
- 125ml (½ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 60ml (¼ cup) Parmesan, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 smoked chicken breasts
- 2 pawpaws, sliced
- 20 large strawberries, washed and hulled
- 100g micro greens or baby salad leaves
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
To make the pesto, whiz all the ingredients together in a food processor and season.
Arrange the chicken and salad ingredients on plates or a platter, drizzle with the pesto and serve with the lime wedges.