When a sweet craving hits, these sour cherry and açaí dark chocolate bliss balls are heavenly – and with antioxidant-rich cocoa, dark chocolate and açaí powder, they’re loaded with the good stuff!
Recipe, styling and photographs by Dianne Bibby
Sour cherry and açaí dark chocolate bliss balls
- 200g medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 125ml (½ cup) desiccated coconut
- 100g walnuts, roasted
- 60ml (4 tbsp) sour cherries or cranberries, roughly chopped
- 45ml (3 tbsp) cocoa powder + extra (optional)
- 10ml (2 teaspoons) açaí powder + extra (optional)
- 15ml (1 tbsp) honey
- 30ml (2 tbsp) hot water
- 100g melted 70% dark chocolate, to dip (optional)
Place the dates, coconut and walnuts in a food processor. Blitz, a couple of seconds, scrape down the sides and blitz again until the dates are broken down and sticky.
Add the sour cherries or cranberries, cocoa and açaí powders, honey and water. Pulse briefly to combine.
Measure out heaped teaspoonfuls and roll into evenly sized balls. Chill until firm and then dip in the melted dark chocolate, if desired. If you prefer to omit the chocolate, roll in cocoa or açaí powder. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.