Planning a Thai braai? Make this!
Recipe by Sue Greig
Photograph by Graeme Borchers
Styling by Anna Montali
Spiced prawn parcels
- 1kg queen prawns, cleaned with tail intact
- SPICE PASTE
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 10ml fresh ginger, grated
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 100ml fresh coriander, chopped
- 200ml lite coconut milk
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 10ml ground cumin
- 5ml garam masala
- 3ml turmeric
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 5ml palm sugar or brown sugar
- salt, to taste
Prepare the coals for the braai.
Put all the ingredients for the spice paste in a food processor and blend to a coarse paste.
In a mixing bowl, coat the raw prawns with the paste.
Lay out a double layer of foil, place the prawn mixture in the middle and crimp-seal the parcel.
Place the parcel on top of the braai and cook until the prawns turn pink, about 15 – 20 minutes.
To support seafood sustainability, choose farmed varieties of prawns over local, wild varieties and Mozambican prawns.