Wontons are little dumplings filled with meat and spices, the perfect addition to a tasty broth.
Spicy chicken wonton broth
- 300g chicken mince
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 50ml fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 10ml fresh lemongrass, finely chopped
- 30ml hoisin sauce
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 litres good-quality chicken stock
- 2 spring onions, sliced
For the wontons, mix all ingredients.
Place the wrappers on a working surface and spoon 5ml of the chicken mixture into the centre. Brush the egg white all around the edges of the pastry and fold to make a parcel. Cover the wontons with a moist cloth as you’re going along, as the pastry tends to dry out.
For the broth, heat the stock in a large pot and add the spring onion. Carefully add the wontons and cook until soft, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.