TO DRINK: Try a spicy Southern Rhône-style blend such as shiraz/ grenache/mourvedre
Spicy lamb burgers
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) tikka masala paste
- small handful fresh coriander,
- finely chopped
- small handful fresh mint, finely
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground coriander
- sea salt and freshly ground black
- pepper, to taste
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive or avocado oil,
- to brush
- thick Greek yoghurt, to serve
- fresh rocket, to serve
- sliced red onion, to serve
- sliced cucumber, to serve
- baby Rosa tomatoes, to serve
- feta cheese, to serve
Combine the mince, red onion, garlic, tikka masala paste, fresh coriander, mint, ground coriander and seasoning in a large bowl.
Shape the mixture into burgers and chill for 15 minutes.
Heat a griddle pan over high heat and brush with olive or avocado oil. Grill for 3 – 4 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside. 4 Serve the burgers with plenty of thick Greek yoghurt, salad ingredients and wedges of feta cheese.