Spicy Middle Eastern meatballs (kufteh)
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) ground cumin
- 10ml (2 tsp) ground coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- flatbreads, to serve
- chopped tomato, red onion and cucumber, to serve
- thick Greek yoghurt, to serve
- fresh mint leaves, to serve
Combine the mince, onion, mint, garlic, cumin and coriander in a large mixing bowl. Season well and mix.
Shape the mixture into small patties and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to chill.
Heat a griddle pan over high heat and fry the patties in batches for 2 minutes on each side.
Serve with flatbreads, chopped tomato, red onion and cucumber, dollops of thick Greek yoghurt and fresh mint leaves.