Recipe by Nomvuselelo Mncube
Spicy pork and grape koftas
- 500g pork mince
- 1 onion, peeled and grated
- 5ml (1 tsp) dried chillies, crushed
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) garlic powder
- handful fresh coriander, chopped + extra, to garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500g white seedless grapes
- olive oil, to fry
- ready-made BBQ sauce, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C. In a large bowl, mix together the mince, onion, chillies, garlic powder and coriander and season to taste. Thread 3 grapes along a wooden skewer, then cover with the mince mixture to form a sausage shape. Repeat with the remaining grapes and mince and refrigerate to chill, 10 minutes.
Add the oil to a saucepan over medium heat and fry the skewers until browned, 5 minutes on each side. Place them on a baking tray and bake in the oven until cooked through, 20 – 30 minutes. Serve with a side of BBQ sauce and garnished with the extra coriander.