Spring herb and almond couscous should really be enjoyed outside to complement its earthy flavours. Why not go one step further and pack it for a camping adventure? Couscous is ideal for camping because you simply pour boiling water over to cook it.
Spring herb and almond couscous
- 250ml (1 cup) couscous
- 250ml (1 cup) boiling water
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 125ml (½ cup) almond flakes, toasted
- handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
- handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 125ml (½ cup) basic camping dressing
Place the couscous in a bowl. Add the boiling water and cover, set aside for 10 minutes. Stir through with a fork.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Season and drizzle with basic camping dressing and serve.