Stewed plums with yoghurt and granola
- 500ml (2 cups) oats
- 60ml (¼ cup) sunflower seeds
- 60ml (¼ cup) sesame seeds
- 60ml (¼ cup) pumpkin seeds
- 15ml (1 tbsp) light brown sugar
- 60ml (¼ cup) honey
- Stewed plums
- 7 plums, stones removed, sliced
- 250ml (1 cup) boiling water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 star anise
- 2 cloves
- To serve
- 1 papaya, peeled and cubed
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 1L (4 cups) goat’s yoghurt
Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Combine all of the granola ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Spoon into the prepared tray and bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
2. For the stewed plums, combine all of the ingredients and cook over
medium heat until the plums are soft and sticky.
3. To serve, layer the yoghurt followed by plums, papaya and pineapples.
Top with a layer of granola.
Whip up a double batch of this granola for breakfast. It keeps well for up to 1 month in an airtight container.