Sticky oregano lamb ribs
- GARLIC AND HERB SAUCE
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh oregano leaves
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 4 x 500g racks lamb ribs, trimmed
- 30ml (2 tbsp) dried oregano
- 5ml (1 tsp) cayenne pepper
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 125ml (½ cup) golden syrup
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 125ml (½ cup) malt vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
To make the garlic and herb sauce, place all the ingredients in the bowl of a small food processor and process until well combined. Set aside.
Place the ribs in a large saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 30 minutes. Drain and place in a dish.
Combine the oregano, cayenne pepper, oil, syrup, mustard and vinegar and season. Pour this mixture over the ribs and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Place the ribs on a wire rack on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Roast for 45 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with the marinade.
Slice and serve with the garlic and herb sauce.