TO DRINK: A subtle, lemony pinot grigio won’t overpower or distract from these fragrant, fruity flavours
Sumac prawns with lemon tahini, pomegranate essence and couscous salad
- 18 x 175g black tiger prawns
- 5ml (1 tsp) sumac spice blend
- 5ml (1 tsp) lemon juice
- 15ml (1 tbsp) tahini paste
- 10ml (2 tsp) sweet chilli sauce
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 15ml (1 tbsp) coriander, finely chopped
- 150g (1 cup) couscous
- 20ml extra virgin olive oil
- juice of ½ a lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ red, green and yellow pepper, finely diced
- 25ml fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 25ml fresh coriander, chopped
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- 20ml pomegranate essence
- baby mustard cress, to serve
Clean the prawns, leaving the tail and the last shell ring on the flesh.
Mix the sumac, lemon juice, tahini, sweet chilli sauce, pepper and a little of the chopped fresh herbs in a bowl and marinate the prawns for 2 hours.
Soak the couscous in boiling water, following packet instructions if unsure, and leave to fluff.
Season the couscous with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the peppers and herbs to the fluffed couscous and mix. Shape the couscous salad on the serving plate.
Lightly grill the prawns on high heat and serve immediately, placing next to the couscous salad. 6 Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, pomegranate essence and baby mustard cress.