You may be a little sceptical about sweet hummus – I was too – until you give it a try. Make a batch to serve with fruit in the mornings for an extra nutritional kick – it’ll last about 4 days in a sealed jar in the fridge.
Sweet coconut, yoghurt and ginger hummus
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 150ml coconut cream
- 6 pieces preserved ginger
- 30ml (2 tbsp) syrup of preserved ginger/honey
- juice of 1 lime/naartjie
- 130g full-cream plain yoghurt
- tiny pinch salt
- fresh fruit of your choice
- mint leaves (optional)
- coconut, halved and drained (optional)
Place all of the hummus ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth. Taste and add a little more of the ginger syrup or honey, if you prefer it sweeter. Serve topped with fruit and fresh mint. Serve in half a coconut, if desired.