Sweet corn soup
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive/avocado oil
- 200g baby leeks, finely sliced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 x 410g tins cream-style sweet corn
- 1 litre good-quality vegetable stock
- 150g mature Cheddar, grated
- 50g sour cream
- fresh thyme, to garnish
Heat the butter and oil in a large pot and sauté the leeks and onion for 8 – 10 minutes. Add a little water if necessary so they don’t brown too much – they should be golden in colour
Add the sweet corn and stock and bring the soup to the boil, then simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
Mix in the cheese and sour cream and serve in warm bowls, garnished with the thyme.