These tenderstems and leeks served with a red onion, cherry tomato and lemon relish is the perfect side to any main meal.
Tenderstems and leeks served with a red onion, cherry tomato and lemon relish
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive/avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g red onions, cut into wedges
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 160g castor sugar
- 45ml (3 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500g (2 punnets) tenderstems, steamed
- 5 leeks, steamed
Heat a large pot with the oil and sauté the garlic and onions for a few minutes.
Add the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are soft. Mix in the sugar, vinegar, zest and season. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
Cook until the mixture is thick and syrupy.
Serve the tenderstems and leeks topped with the relish.