This makes a scrumptious salad for a quick lunch.
Recipe by Sue Greig
Photograph by Graeme Borchers
Styling by Anna Montali
Thai cabbage salad
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 10ml sesame oil
- 30ml light soy sauce
- 60ml rice vinegar
- 15ml sugar
- salt, to taste
- 1 red baby cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 white baby cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 60g mange tout, sliced into thin strips
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 4 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 200ml fresh coriander
- 40ml sesame seeds, toasted
- 60ml slivered almonds, toasted
Mix the dressing ingredients together and thin down if necessary with a little water. Depending on how large your salad ingredients are, you may need to double the dressing recipe.
Mix the salad ingredients and dressing together, and garnish with the coriander, sesame seeds and almonds. Serve immediately.