Recipe by Jacques Erasmus
Tomato, avocado and Gorgonzola stack
- 1kg beefsteak tomatoes, cut intothick slices
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 200g Gorgonzola, crumbled
- olive or avocado oil and aged
- balsamic vinegar, to serve
- black salt, to serve (optional)
- vine tomatoes, to serve
Line a 20cm cake tin with plastic wrap and arrange an overlapping layer of tomatoes at the base.
Place a layer of avocado over the tomato, followed by a layer of Gorgonzola.
Finish with an overlapping layer of tomatoes and cover with plastic wrap. Press the layers together gently and turn out onto a serving platter.
Dress with oil, balsamic vinegar and black salt.